Given the recent update from the state government regarding the detection of a highly infectious strain of COVID 19 in the Melbourne community, Cricket Victoria has issued a small, but very important amendment to our COVID protocols in cricket.
Masks are required when indoors
Masks must be worn at all cricket activities (training, match day, functions, meetings). This includes players, umpires, volunteers, spectators etc).
Masks should also be worn outside when you cannot keep a 1.5m distance from others.
As a club we are very visible to the community and so have to ensure we are setting high standards. Councils and other authorities will be conducting spot checks to ensure club compliance. A reminder of our cricket COVID protocols:
- Masks required indoors (except when eating and drinking)
- Sanitiser for all players, umpires, scorers etc shall take place before and after each innings and during the drinks break (max 20 overs)
- No sweat or saliva to be used on the ball
- No communal food or drink – players to bring own food and water bottle
- Sign in for matches and events MUST occur using the QR codes
- Bowler’s caps/sweaters placed over the boundary or behind umpire when bowling – not to be handled by anybody else
- Disinfectant cleaning of all surfaces post event
For further information and guidance please refer to CV Resources and FAQs: https://www.cricketvictoria.com.au/clubs-support/covid-19/
Many thanks for your continued support. Let’s help each other to keep these standards high.
Club Covid Manager