The Club is pleased to have now opened registrations for the U10’s through to U16’s for the upcoming season. “Early” registration will assist us greatly in continuing to plan the 2020/21 season.
The Blasters programs will hopefully be opened once we have greater guidance from the relevant authorities.
In terms of the junior programs, cricket is in a “somewhat” better position than most other sports in that social distancing can occur on and off the field. The communication has been excellent from Cricket Victoria, ECA and ISEC in the planning and working through the different scenarios. Cricket Victoria has committed to providing further information on Friday. The Associations are generally working towards a November start date all going well.
But one thing is for certain is that things will be different and this will clearly be communicated to coaches, parents, carers, supporters and players.
Also, the junior committee has developed a new junior information pack, which includes updated policies and procedures. This is included as an attachment to this communication. Please take the time to read the documents as it does contain important information.
In light of the current COVID situation, the junior committee has looked at ways that we can keep the costs down and assist families. Some initiatives we are implementing are:
1. We have made the purchase of hats and shirts optional this season. And if you wish to purchase one of these at a later date, please feel free to do so. This has decreased subs by $45.00 to $215.00.
2. Family discounts where you have 2 or more children will continue for $30.00 per child.
3. A Glen Iris CC face mask will be included until stock runs out.
4. We have a policy that if the season does not take place, we will refund the subscription in full less the Cricket Australia processing and insurance charges (approx $10 per subscription). We believe that this is a significant initiative for a community-based Club.
5. This season we will allow “offline” payments (direct debits).
6. If there is hardship or you want part-payments through direct debits please contact Tas Tudor and Sue Morris for options. We are a supportive organisation, we do not want your child to miss out on playing the upcoming season. You will find contact details in the attached document.
In terms of teams, we have some additional initiatives for this season that we hope will improve enjoyment and transitions are:
1. Moving the girls to a Wednesday evening in an all-girls competition.
2. Offering a U13 Friday night option. This will significantly improve the transition for U12 players from last year rather than stepping up into U14 cricket.
We will be keeping the communication lines open and keeping everyone informed, we welcome feedback, and how we can do things better. We do encourage everyone to spread the word of the GICC and also follow us on our social channels.
Stay safe everyone, and go GI’s!